A couple of quick thoughts:
- When my children were younger, I’d sometimes worry why they weren’t clapping. Were they unhappy? Maybe they were happy and just didn’t know it?
- If you ever need to see what genuine disappointment looks like, offer your child an elaborate dessert in a portion they’ve deemed “too small.”
- I’ve introduced Snowflake #1 to the art of eating over the sink. There’s no way this ever comes back to haunt me.
- Snowflake #2 has informed me her superhero name is “Flowers McToots.” I didn’t ask what her powers were. A combination of not wanting and not needing to know.
- Amid the ever-growing list of things I did not know, Snowflake #2’s favorite stuffed animal’s favorite colors are blue and red.
- When I shout, “I can’t be wrong all this time!” and the Snowflakes reply, “Yes you can,” I’m not sure if they’re proving my point or not.
- Everyone defines “bliss” differently. I think of it as the smell that’s in the air between the time the maid service leaves and the Snowflakes come home from school.